Setting a header

Home Forums Book Lite Setting a header

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Chandra 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

T3RCZ

Hello everyone,

I just installed Book Lite theme and its exactly what I’ve been loking for. Unfortunately, Im not very experienced with CSS/php coding and editing. I just want to set a header image for all the pages. Can you help me do it? I checked header.php and custom-header.php, edited ‘default-image’ in custom-header.php, but it didnt work.

Could you please help me set this? Or could you help me set the Dynamic Headers plugin? An easy, step-by-step guide please. ^^

Blog adress: http://blog.matejhejda.net

Chandra
    Keymaster

Hi T3RCZ,

You can set a header image from Appearance -> Header page for homepage and for each single page, you can set a featured image in each post and they will appear as header image.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Chandra

jmalonda

Hi Chandra,

thank you for this wonderful theme  :-)

I would like to set the same header image for all post entries. I have tried the “featured image” option, as you suggested, and it shows within a huge black box. Besides this looking otherwise than what I want, I find it cumbersome that I must select the “featured image” option for each new entry that I post. Hence…

Is there any way I can tweak the code to have the same header image for all post entries without having to select that option? I’d like to have just one header image for the whole site. That applies to the site’s pages too.

Thanks in advance,

Javier

Chandra
    Keymaster

Hi Javier,

Open book-lite/inc/custom-header.php, remove line 92 to 162.

if( is_single() ) :

else :

Then, after deleting that block of code, you should see this code in line 144 (originally line 215).

<?php endif; ?>

Remove that too.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Chandra

jmalonda

It did help, thank you!   :D

Javier

Chandra
    Keymaster

You are most welcome. :) Cheers!!!

pblais

Hello

I am having the same issue as Javier. I’d like to have the same header image on all pages without having to set it up each time I post.

I tried to change the code as you suggested, but I can’t see line numbers so I’m not sure I got it right.  COuld you please post or highlight all the code that needs to be removed to solve this issue??

Thank you

pblais

And now I am stuck! I cannot move away from the code page nor restore the deleted code.  I am getting the message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in /home/metro421/public_html/tolaurette.ca/wp-content/themes/book-lite/inc/custom-header.php on line 95  

How can I fix this?

Chandra
    Keymaster

Hi pblais,

You can redownload book-lite and replace that file from your FTP. I will probably add this in the next update of the theme as this seems pretty demanded. :)

Thanks,
    Chandra

zoltandragon

Hi,
    My problem is that if I remove the above code, no header appears whatsoever – not even on the main page. How can I solve this problem? So the aim is to have the set header image for all pages and posts.
    Thank you

zoltandragon

Oh, my bad, it is indeed solved, the code and method you pointed out is correct.

Thanks anyway,

Zoltán

Chandra
    Keymaster

Cool… great it helped. :)

Sara

Hi, I would like to have a different header image on each page and added a “featured image” on each page. It used to work perfectly, but since I installed the latest update it doesn’t work anymore an the same image is displayed on each page… Can you help me fix this? Thank you!
    Sara

Chandra
    Keymaster

Hi Sara,

Can you please post your website URL?

Thanks,
    Chandra

Sara

Hi Chandra

My website is: http://www.saraundelias.ch

Thanks, Sara

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.